Thursday 12 February 2015

Girl Online by Zoe Sugg - Review


The Blurb:

Penny has a secret.


Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.

But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.


My Opinion:

After following Zoe on Youtube for a couple of years now, I was quite interested to see what her book would turn out like once she'd announced it. Throughout the process of the book she was quite open about not writing the book 100% herself but she was very involved. Because of this I expected it to be a good book, and it was. 

The main thing that really annoyed me about this book which can be something small to another but large to me was the difference in the cover to the setting of the book. Was it just me that thought with the light blue cover, fairy lights, the pictures full of sun and summer it was going to be summer based? No it was Christmas. But as I said it could not be even noticeable to the younger readers but it really annoyed me, I'm glad I read it in the new year and didn't leave it until the summer. Had I of known of the theme I've would've read it at Christmas time. 

Now on to the actual plot of the story, it was very predictable but I found there was a good twist towards the end. The book was very out there with the story line anyway but the twist just left me saying 'Oh' which is good I suppose and didn't leave the book to be totally predictable. It's a good read and I would recommend it for a light read (at Christmas,unless any time of the year is your thing) and I will be purchasing the sequel to see what happens with Penny and Noah. Thumbs up to Zoe! 

Rating:***
Release Year: 2014


Image and blurb taken from the Girl Online Goodreads page.

No comments:

Post a Comment