Friday 28 February 2014

Garnier Olia Light Blonde 9.0 Hair Dye Review


First up is what you get in the box:
- Gloves
- Instructions (not pictured)
- Application Bottle
- Developer Cream
- Colourant Cream
- Conditioner


Now I've used Olia hair dye before when used to dye my hair brown and it worked perfectly, the colour came out wonderfully and due to it being full of oils and ammonia free it left my hair in better condition that it was before I dyed it, crazy I know. So when I wanted to become blonde this was the first brand I went to considering previous experience, now although it isn't a pure 'lightening'  hair dye my hair was in the colour range on the box in which it should work it. 
But the thing is this hair dye didn't work on my hair, in fact it only darkened my highlights a tiny bit. At first when I picked up this hair dye I was scared it was going to be too light but it didn't even work. The crazy thing is that when the product was developing on my hair, the dye went brown which really confused me.
Now here's the before and after pictures (Hey looks it's 5SOS and it's the only picture I had after dyeing my hair, opps!)
Now I know my hair is long and thick but there's no way that I didn't have enough product because I used 2 boxes, a box for each half of my head.

But overall I was really disappointed with this product, considering I'd used it before and the brown became my go to dye. It was such a shame. My advice if you're going to use this product is use it for going darker and it will work perfectly, but not for lighter.




No comments:

Post a Comment